Friday, July 22, 2005

Let's Hope the First Week is the Hardest

I've been getting beat on all day, which honestly, has been the trend for a few days in a row now. I'm still up for the week overall, but not by much, and I'm certainly starting to have doubts again.

Part of it may just be the new site that I'm clearing deposit bonuses on. The players on there regularly comment that the play there is tougher than other rooms, and it isn't hard to see that just from watching any table for a few seconds, but that just confuses me more. Why play a game where the odds are approaching even when there are fish all over the other sites? Stupid deposit bonuses. I'm all for the bonus whoring to supplement my winnings, but if it means the $/hr slow down, it's not worth it.

Also, I know that statistically, there are going to be good days and bad days, good months and bad months, but in just as many days as I decided I should go pro, I'm back to wondering if I'm really cut out for it as anything more than a hobby, to supplement the income from a real job.

I'm gonna jump into a freeroll on a fish site, then go have a drink and think about it.

-Tommy

3 Comments:

Blogger BigPirate said...

Be careful of going broke while chasing bonuses. I have a hard time playing optimally when playing for the bonus money. Of course, I have a hard time playing optimally while drinking, butthat doesn't stop me.

12:13 PM, July 26, 2005  
Blogger BigPirate said...

I said butthat...

but that

12:14 PM, July 26, 2005  
Blogger Tommy said...

Yeah, I've started to re-think the wisdom behind chasing bonuses. This first time around, as I'm getting to know the "personality" of each site, is ok... but I'm keeping notes on them, and many I won't be back to.

6:03 PM, July 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home