Monday, July 18, 2005

Wading into the river

With my spirits high from yesterdays minor recovery, I figured it was time to up my limit. After all, if the real money players are playing as bad as the play money fools, then it would stand to reason that the higher levels would be pretty much the same game, right?

Not quite.

I'm not trying to be misleading, I didn't jump straight into any high stakes games or anything like that... still playing Low Limit Hold'em, but moved up a level in stakes.

I'm still not sure, but I'd swear the other players were looser. More agressive as well. It could just be that I wasn't comfortable playing for twice what I'm used to... I need to learn to look at my chips relative to the blind values, and not as real money.

I don't think a single session is enough to go on, so I'm gonna try it on for a few days. The deck wasn't cold, nor my game any worse than normal... (I think) everything was just a little wilder than I'm used to. More aggressive too. A lot of heavy pre-flop betting just to fold to the first bet post-flop.

Basically, I just had to tighten up my play a little bit, and go with it. My win/loss was all over the place, but in the end, fairly close to even... Maybe down a hair, but not enough to bother me. I'm gonna stick at this new limit for a few more days, see how it goes.

-Tommy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home