Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Blogger Tourneys are Rigged

This is Nate. Nate is one of two guys that owns Divebar, a Las Vegas drinking establishment that is as fine and upstanding as its name implies, and far too close to my apartment.

Moments before taking this photo, when Nate inquired, "Why are you writing on me?", I calmly told him, "Because I'm going to make you famous bro."

"Sweet, I love you man!", replied my understatedly drunken mark.

Taking this photo was one of my last few conscious actions on Saturday night, and probably a large part of why I finished so damned poorly in the WPBT tournament on Sunday night. I rarely get hangovers, but I was hurting like hell Sunday, and after adding that to the insane pollen levels we had over the weekend, I just wasn't on my game. It didn't help that I got sucked out on, either. I did at least enjoy PokerCats sympathetic farewell of, "meow! (that was totally mean!)", watching he who busted me get knocked out not too far after, and of course, PokerGnome and Gracie battling it out head to head.

This is two weeks in a row (I hate Omaha) that I have finished pathetically in one of these events. I have been madly stewing over my horrible finishes, and probably will continue to, until I manage to redeem myself. Though I haven't managed to show it in the blogger events, No Limit Hold'em tournaments are the only aspect of my game that is truly good. Unlike most profitable players, I can't come out on top of a cash game to save my life, but put me in a tournament and I'll make the final table like clockwork.

In fact, for the second week in a row I've made almost as much money from tournament profits as I have from my regular (well paying) job. I've even finally made it onto the leader's board out at Sam's Town for the (30 entry, 13 seats awarded) W.S.O.P. satellite, despite the fact that I only play out there two nights a week (unlike most of the others on the board who play near nightly), and have only been playing since mid-February, whereas most of the others started in early January.

This is from making the final table in 8 of the 16 tourneys I've played there, with my last two weekends finishing much higher in the money than previously, due mostly from learning the play styles of the regulars, and adapting accordingly.

But them bloggers kicked my ass.

-Tommy

P.S. Feel free to post the attached photo all over the internet. In fact, I beg it of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home