Thursday, March 02, 2006

Don't Call it a Comeback

Ok, technically it's a comeback. But only so far as this journal is concerned, not poker.

The poker has been going really well. I just got busy with other things in life and stopped writing about it, and everyday that went by it got a little easier to blow off untill eventually I just didn't know how to start again and every day that went by made it a little harder to get back to. But this morning I decided, "Fuck it... nobody's actually reading anyhow".

So what happened? Same thing that always puts my life on tilt. I met a girl.

Well, I didn't actually meet a girl so much as ran into one that I've known for a few years who wasn't as married as she had been previously. It happened the day after the last post, which should pretty much sum everything up. That went well for awhile, until it didn't.

I also got a job. This has done more for my game than anything else I've ever done. No more sleepless nights after a bad day, or playing scared because I need to pay rent and buy food. It's a good job too, I work 10 hours a day Monday through Thursday, play online every night for 3 to 4 hours, get 3 entire (tourist laden) days in a row to go binge on live games, and don't need to worry about rent anymore.

Which brings me to the next important change. I finally started playing live poker 6 weeks ago, and it has been incredible. I've only been playing in tournaments, but I've made final table in about half of them (avg fields of ~60 players) and made money on most of those, leaving me up overall.

So that's that. Break time is over, so let's just put it behind us and act like it never happened.

-Tommy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home