Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Fuck You, Tourist (Part II)

The real problem I have playing against you is that half the time, you don't even know that your hand sucks. You think your drawing hand is a monster, any pair is the nuts, and damned if you aren't going to bet it that way.

You see, I didn't actually think my 3s 5c were great cards, I was only in the pot because I was the big blind, and nobody had bothered to raise. Imagine my surprise when the flop came 6h 4h 2d, and you immediately yelled into my right ear, "All in!".

And yes, I did stop to think about what you had. My first thought being that you had two hearts, probably not even good ones, hell, I was even ready to give you credit for an over pair, and the slightest posibilty of a set. But in the end it didn't matter, I knew you'd have to draw it, whatever it may be, and nothing was going to stop me from calling.

Imagine my surprise again when your brother-in-law, (conveniently seated one spot to my left) followed up with, "I gotta go all-in too, I got a straight flush draw, and with the two of you already in, I stand to make a lot of money", with complete disregard for the fact that there were two people still to act behind him. Despite what you both think, I believed him, and so did the others, though that probably wasn't why they folded. And of course I called him too, with what was left of my chips.

I was, however, not surprised in the least when you turned up your set of deuces.

"I'm gonna git you boy!", without even seeing my hand.

Nor was I surprised that your brother's straight flush draw was a gutshot, with his 7h 3h...

nor when the 6c came on the turn for your boat...

nor when the Qh came on the turn for his flush...

and I wasn't remotely upset about the cards. I knew the risks, and was ready for the result.

"Told you I was gonna git you boy! You don't know who you're messing with!"

Fuck you, Tourist.

Please come again.

-Tommy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home