Thursday, April 27, 2006

The Fix is in

In last night's tournament I chopped five ways (uneven... I demanded extra compensation for having top stack and being on the button at the time), scoring 2 points towards the W.S.O.P. freeroll tournament, and locking in top score for the month at 27 points.

The next closest person in score is at 14 points, and there are only 12 possible points left in the month. It felt good, but now I have an important decision to make.

I really need another intermission. Playing in a live tournament every single day (and twice on Fridays & Saturdays) for 26 days in a row has been a lot more demanding, both physically and mentally, than I realized it would be... and now I'm considering keeping it up for another month and a half.

The top point leader overall for the entire period through June 11th gets a $1000 W.S.O.P entry. My current total points are 39, which puts me in 6th place overall. The current point leader has 54 points, but started in January, and has scored only 10 points in the last 27 days, in which time I just told you I scored 27. I am almost certain that I can catch him, but it will be close, and will require the sacrifice of some important plans I have in May.

There is also a $1000 seat awarded to whoever lasts longest in the freeroll of the top 10 point scores overall, so you can be sure that I'll be defending my top 10 position no matter what happens.

Between those two bonuses, and the W.S.O.P seats of varying value to be awarded to the top 10 finishers of the 30 person freeroll, there is a lot of potential here, and I'm really glad I put in the effort to secure my position.

I'm going to continue playing everyday through next Tuesday, and make a decision about the push for first when I see the point totals updated, and have slept on it some over the weekend.

-Tommy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home