Tuesday, June 06, 2006

6/6/6

I suppose, given the date, that it is practically mandatory that I head out to Sam's Town after work and take down the nightly tournament.

I originally named this journal after my height and (lack of) dress, but since then pocket sixes have worked like magic for me.

Two weeks ago Saturday in the same tournament mentioned above, I flopped quad sixes with 4 men left on the final table, and got crazy action, which sent me from the small stack to 50% of the chips in play instantly, and I went on to win it all.

This happened at table six.

The first live tournament that I won was in seat six at this same table.

This was the 4th time that I had flopped quad sixes in a tournamnet (twice online, twice live) since I started this blog, and the second time that it had been critical to winning. According to Poker Tracker, I have won more hands with pocket sixes than I have with jacks or queens.

This is all probably not even statistically impressive... just the results of my paying attention to it since starting this journal.

It still amuses me though.

Almost as much as the fact that I was born in the 7th hour on the 7th day of the 7th month.

-Tommy

P.S. "Harrington on Hold 'em: Expert Strategies for No Limit Tournaments, Vol. III--The Workbook" arrived on Saturday, and at first glance there is more to it than a "workbook". I will try to get it read this week and take a shot at a review.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home