Wednesday, June 07, 2006

6/7/6

Okay, so last night didn't go exactly as planned.

I got to the tournament late, however, being Tuesday night they weren't exactly packed, and I got in as an alternate having missed only 4 hands. I drew seat 4 at table 4, and was doing well up until the first break, but busted out soon after in 11th place (of a paltry 17 total), when my limping 4c 5c caught a flop of 5d 5h Qc, got check raised by the BB who had a Qs Jd, re-raised him all in, and he caught his 2 outer on the river.

Such is poker.

Some good news though, I remain in the top 10 scorers for the Sam's Town WSOP freeroll. This is important because there is an extra prize of a $1000 seat for whoever lasts longest amongst the top 10. The tournament takes place on the 17th of June, but the qualifying period ends on the 11th, so with my 55 points I've got my postion practically locked up, as the 11th place person has only 44, and there are only a possible 14 points left.

And of final note, I made back my tournament fees ($103) last night by spending an hour at a 4/8 table with 3 drunks before heading home. I wouldn't have even considered it if I hadn't run into a dealer on break on my way out the door who tipped me off to the action.

Moral? Take care of your dealers, and they'll take care of you.

-Tommy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home