Monday, July 24, 2006

Cowboys and Bullets Blues

I've been having a really tough week. I've busted out of 5 different tournaments holding either AA or KK. The first time I admit to having played the hand wrong when I limped my red rockets UTG expecting a raise, only to have 5 other limpers follow me in, and an all spade flop. I've put a lot of thought into the other 4 hands, and they were all just bad luck, but that is still hard to take in such a short period of time.

The images at right are from an online tournament I played in on Friday afternoon. A little over 4 hours of work to bust out in 12th of 550 for a paltry $140. The insanely lucky ronny52 managed to take my chips on to 3rd place for nearly $1500. I like to think I'd have taken them the whole way, but don't we all.

I had a conversation with flipchip while watching the early stages of the headsup match between Andy Bloch and Chip Reese about the fiasco of a tournament that Sam's Town held last month. After getting complaints from nearly everyone in the tournament, including the winners, they sent out letters to the 30 players that were in the tournament offering them a free buy-in in any of the regular daily tournaments. That's only $45, but it's $45 they didn't have to offer at all, so I went by this weekend to see why I haven't gotten a letter yet. Supposedly it's in the mail.

Since I was there, I hopped into the 7pm, and later, the 11pm tournaments. AA cracked by KK. KK cracked by TT. Unbelievable. But I did make it far enough to decide that I hate the new buyin and blind structure. It's positively stupid. I think I'll be spending my weekend nights down at Binion's for awhile.

But right now, it's time for a break from poker. More, perhaps, later.

-Tommy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home