Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Recompense

I finally recieved the "apology" letter from Sam's Town.

Full text is below.

Dear Tommy,

I have recieved a number of comments regarding the structure of our World Series of Poker satellite tournament that you recently played in. Unfortunately, the comments were mostly negative. I am sorry if your experience at the tournament was not as pleasant or as enjoyable as you have become accustomed to. I would like to take a moment to not only apologize but also to assure you, as well as all of our guests, that the Sam's Town Poker Room maintains the highest regard for our customers' experience as well as their opinions.

Toward that end, I am commiting to all of you, and to anyone else who considers playing in our future qualifiers, that prior to the first kickoff event, the format and structures of the finals will be included in the rules. I understand that this does not help with the recently concluded tournament, however we are committed to making every reasonable effort toward regaining the confidence and trust of all those who expressed displeasure with that format.

As a further expression of our regret and a future desire to express our appreciation for you, please accept our offer for a free entry into one of our $45.00 buy-in evening tournaments. Bring this letter to register for any one of these events through August 31, 2006.

In closing, we appreciate your business and would like to demonstrate our sincerity. Please feel free to contact me at (702) 454-8092, Tuesday through Saturday if you would like to comment or discuss this further.

Sincerely,
Dick Gatewood
Poker Room Manager
Sam's Town Hotel and Gambling Hall
702.454.8092


I used the letter (and my own $20 for the rebuy that is really an add-on) last weekend, and took down 1st, but I'm still not happy with their new blind structures. After talking about it with the tournament director, he agreed to consider my position, and actually ran the tournaments on Sunday evening with the old structure. I chopped for two (there were only 10 of us, so not that impressive) in the one I played in that night, and made quite a bit at the 4/8 tables in between, so it was a pretty good weekend.

Tomorrow night I'm going to head out to the Rio to watch the ME final table, assuming I can get in.

-Tommy

1 Comments:

Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

Thanks for stopping by.

I could well have been at your table, since I was just busted from that tourney. Ran TT into QQ so didn't even have time to scan the table.

Oh well, least I cashed, lol. Be careful what you wish for is the caveat for posting while you play.

Cya

2:32 PM, October 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home