Thursday, April 06, 2006

On the Run

It all came down to Saturday night.

I had been wanting to make a run at locking in a seat, and April seemed the perfect month to do it, but I didn't have the bankroll necessary for it without a few early wins, so I told myself that I would only go for it if I made the money on Saturday night.

I mentioned in a previous post that I have been playing regular tournaments out at Sam's Town. I also mentioned that I was up quite a bit of money from playing these, and that there is a points system that awards seats for a helluva W.S.O.P. freeroll satellite.

Well, I had a big win on Sat night, and so began my run at the seat, which will be continued by my playing in every one of April's 39 tournaments (nightly at 7pm, with an additional tournament on Fri & Sat at 11pm). I have been doing very well, in fact, I'm in the lead, with 6 points for 6 tournaments played.

Sure, it's only the first week, but if I can maintain it, at this rate I will far surpass the point totals for any of the previous monthly winners. If I fail, the attempt itself will likely give me enough points to get in as one of the top 22 point totals, of which I am already 18th from playing only on Fri & Sat nights.

I'll get the details of the contest and post them here when I remember to do so, but I'm still debating whether or not to post the spreadsheet I'm using to track my progress.

-Tommy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home